Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Day 2 - So far so good

Well, here it is all the way to Day 2 of 2013 and I've successfully blogged every day this year.  Cue the sarcastic round of applause, please!

Well, that's about all I have to say today... but it counts, right?  Yeah, you're probably right.  I should probably not cut corners already on Day 2.

Today was the first day back at work for me.  It was also the first day back to the only adult in the house for Kathie.  I think I survived my day in a little better shape than she did, a fact that all the moms out there can probably understand.  The kids start back at school tomorrow.  I think they're a bit stir crazy right now.  So hopefully getting back into a regular schedule will help things settle down a bit.

Braden, Emma and Alex had their first foray into 'skating'.  Yes, skating is in quotes there.  Not because they fell or weren't good at it, but because they didn't actually skate.  The neighbors have a very large, homemade skating rink in their back yard and we took a trip up the hill to check it out.  The kids don't have skates, so they tried 'skating' with their boots instead.  They had a good time and no one had any head trauma.... although Dad was pretty nervous at the lack of helmets and other protective equipment.  I imagine we'll be out looking for some skates soon.  If I have to get back on the ice to help my kids skate, I suppose I can make that sacrifice.  And if I also happen to bring my stick with me a play a little hockey too, that probably wouldn't suck either.


No comments: