Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 10 - Happy Birthday Emma!

Six years ago, on January 10th, Kathie and I welcomed our second bundle of joy to our crazy family.  It wasn't nearly as crazy then as it is now, but that shouldn't be a reflection on Emma in any way.  Well, maybe a little.

Emma is a fun, energetic, smart and beautiful young girl.  We are so blessed to have her in our family.  She loves horses, drawing, reading and singing.  I think she likes singing songs praising God the most.  She's also very good at making up new songs.

This has been an exciting year for Emma.  She rode a pony at a horse show, flew in a helicopter, camped at the zoo and even fed a giraffe!  She also started Kindergarten, which she seems to be enjoying a lot.  She also learned to ride her two wheeler and spent a lot of time riding with her friends in the neighborhood.

Trinity has a 'tradition' where parents bring lunch for the birthday kids.  So Dad brought her taco bell for lunch.  She wanted to sit with Braden at the 1st grade table, so we did.  I think I probably got the 1st graders in some trouble with the joking.  Mrs Zellmer yelled at us to be settle down.  Whoops!

Emma wanted crab legs for her birthday.  And boy did she enjoy them!  Dad spent most of the dinner cracking crab legs for her to devour.  She didn't try the octopus sushi I had, but she did thing the sucker pads that were on it were cool.  While waiting for dinner to be ready, she was a bit grumpy.  So I asked her why she was so crabby tonight...  "Because I'm going to eat crab for dinner, Dad".  Well, of course.  Apparently the sense of humor doesn't fall far from the tree either.


I also had to leave the table for a while because I was laughing too hard.  Conversation had turned toward when Emma was born.   Braden declared that Mom had to have surgery to have him because he "was too big to come out of Mom's butt."   Much giggling ensued, but mostly because Braden said butt.  The adult perspective on that concept was a bit too funny for me, so I had to walk a way for a bit.

No comments: